Convention 2020 postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The AMEU Executive Council is pleased to inform you that the 67th AMEU Convention 2020 will be hosted by eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality from Sunday, 25 October 2020 to Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at the Durban International Convention Centre (Inkosi Albert Luthuli Complex).
The Council invites all parties who may be interested in presenting papers or case studies at the convention to submit a paper abstract of no more than 200 words to the AMEU Secretariat.
The THEME of the convention is:
IMPLEMENTING SUSTAINABLE CUSTOMER CENTRIC ELECTRICITY UTILITIES IN THE 4IR.
with the following SUB-THEMES:
- Defining our New-technology Needs: Scoping Smarter Systems and Maturity Indicators
- Re-skilling - How to Re-Skill our Work Force to Work in a 4IR Environment
- EDI Restructuring: New Business Models, Municipal Roles, and Stances of the AMEU (panel discussion)
- Cyber Security: In New-Technology (Procurements) and in Legacy Systems
- Asset Management: New Innovations and Trends
- Revenue Protection Innovations: Using Business Intelligence and Smart Technologies
- Electrification and self-generation: Funding of Electrification, Self-Generation Alternatives, Tariff Signals
- Policy Failure and the Policy-Implementation Gap in Local Government: (Ideally it would be nice to have a debate on this)
- - How to keep the Lights on Under a Very Unfriendly MFMA and SCM Environment
- - Procurement Processes: Localisation, Interoperability, Specifications, Better value
- Innovation topics: Solving Old Business Problems with Different and Newer Solutions (Marketing, Customer Service, Planning, Construction, Maintenance)
- Renewable Energy: Technology, Progress Updates and Case StudiesFor the Best Paper Award there will be awards for the following three (3) categories:
- Academic Category: Presenters/authors (all age groups) from tertiary academic institutions or professionals undertaking further studies at such institutions
- Emerging Professional Category: Non-academic category presenters/authors up to and including 30 years of age
- Experienced Professional Category: Non-academic category presenters/authors older than 30 years of age or subject matter specialists
Proposals should be submitted online to theAMEU Secretariat by no later than Monday, 24 April 2020
Contact Mpho Motloutsi at the AMEU Secretariat on (011) 061 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any further information.
Hilton HotelContact No: 031 336 8100Contact Person: SmangeleRate: R1650
Riverside HotelContact No: 031 563 0600Contact Person: VenillaRate: R1195-00
Blue Waters HotelContact No: 031-327 7000Contact Person: RyanRate: R1197.00
Onomo HotelContact No: 031-492 3917Contact Person: LeahRate: R1195.00